Darren Meade: ever since my father committed suicide when I was 18, I focused on moving humanity forward.

Ever since my father committed suicide when I was 18, I focused on moving humanity forward. "It's my personal mantra, but more importantly, it's my mission and my purpose."
I've both written and curated stories,  highlighting voices that inform and inspire us to stay positive in the midst of a rapidly changing and turbulent world. I scour the news and always try to find the silver lining in it. (In case you missed it, be sure to read New York Times columnist Nick Kristof's op-ed about why 2017 may actually be the best year ever. Yes, he did say that.)

I pray every morning and every evening to settle myself, to guide myself, to focus myself, to express gratitude and to be in conversation with God. I pray for myself, my nieces; nephews; friends, and yes, those I seek to better understand.

Because the truth is that no matter where we are born — or to whom we are born — we are all human beings. We share our humanity. In fact, the Merriam Webster's definition of humanity makes this pretty clear:
I am connected to you, and yes, you are connected to me. We share the same planet. We breathe the same air. How I treat me is how I should strive to treat you. What I want for my family is what I should strive to want for your family — regardless of your religion, the color of your skin, your gender, or your political affiliation. I long to drop the labels we use to identify ourselves and that we so often hide behind, as they always seem to take us further from one another, instead of closer to one another.
May we stop and remember that we are all in this great big family called the human race together. 
Our future depends on seeing our common humanity and finding ways to elevate it and move it forward towards a better place than it is today. Our very survival depends on one another. Our joy depends on one another. We are not here to destroy one another. We are here to connect with one another and help one another.
  1. 1. Why We Should Never Turn Our Backs on The Homeless: "We all have our own kinds of struggles", Darren M. Meade,  said;So often we avoid people experiencing homelessness, but there are so many people who are one paycheck away from it. We’ve got to get over our fears and join together and make sure no one ever suffers this devastation.avoid people experiencin
      2. The One Thing Most People on the Streets Have in Common: “The biggest common denominator is having no attachment to family whatsoever,” Darren M. Meade, said; “Recreating community is the biggest step toward ending homelessness.”
      3Why It’s Never Too Late: “I’ve rarely, if ever, seen somebody who was too far gone to have a quality life” Darren M. Meade,  said; “One guy who spent 7 years on crack cocaine is now playing piano for a worship team, and the other day, he spoke before city council. As long as you’re breathing, there’s hope.”

To learn more about Darren M. Meade and his organization, go here.




Comments

My name is Darren M. Meade. This is my story.

Bodybuilding champion Darren M. Meade has huge biceps, gigantic calves, and a mammoth chest. He's got a big heart, too.

Suicide due to cyber bullying and extortion news -Darren M. Meade Story

Darren M. Meade : "If you want to take the island, you have to burn the boats. You have to decide that you’re 100% responsible for your state of mind and for your experience of this life."